Serendip is an independent site partnering with faculty at multiple colleges and universities around the world. Happy exploring!

Remote Ready Biology Learning Activities

Remote Ready Biology Learning Activities has 50 remote-ready activities, which work for either your classroom or remote teaching.

SENCER Brain Caucus Forum

Comments are posted in the order in which they are received, with earlier postings appearing first below on this page. To see the latest postings, click on "Go to last comment" below.

Go to last comment

Greetings
Name: Paul Grobstein
Date: 2005-08-11 16:53:13
Link to this Comment: 15880

Welcome to an on-line forum area for continuing our conversations in the Brain caucus at the 2005 SENCER Summer Institute. Glad you're here, looking forward to seeing what we can make together.

A few of the reasons to take seriously the brain as a SENCER course initiative as I recall them from our meeting in San Jose:

And a few things on Serendip that might be relevant

Add your thoughts about a SENCER initiative in this area. And resources you know of that might be useful/relevant. And ... whatever else you think might keep the ball rolling. If you know of others who might be interested, by all means invite them to join in as well. Let's see whether we can use our initial enthusiasm to make something concrete/useful here by sharing our ideas, interests, and expertise.

Behavioral and Neural Genetics
Name: Terry R. M
Date: 2005-08-21 07:41:29
Link to this Comment: 15914

I couldn't come to this caucus because I was running one of my own at SENCER 2005. It is obvious that SENCER will have to empahsize courses for majors as well as non majors to be renewed. My last course to be SENCERized was Behavioral and Neural Genetics which I taught at Rutgers in Spring 2005. I used current event as an attention getter at the start of each class but during the semester I had students read the research papers for those current events and structured group work around the research behind those current events. The brain, or brain and behavior etc are perfect courses to introduce SENCER style activities.

I am looking forward to the forum.

Forum Archived
Name: Webmaster
Date: 2006-08-08 10:59:32
Link to this Comment: 20141

This forum has now been archived and is closed to new postings. If you are interested in continuing the conversation, please contact Serendip. We like to hear from you.

| Serendip Forums | About Serendip | Serendip Home |

Send us your comments at Serendip

© by Serendip 1994- - Last Modified: Wednesday, 02-May-2018 10:51:57 CDT