Serendip is an independent site partnering with faculty at multiple colleges and universities around the world. Happy exploring!

Remote Ready Biology Learning Activities

Remote Ready Biology Learning Activities has 50 remote-ready activities, which work for either your classroom or remote teaching.

Serendip and Togo Forum

This forum is for conversation about science and mathematics education in Togo and the United States, as considered in the Serendip and Togo section. Comments entered here will be posted automatically. Comments not meant to be posted can be sent by e-mail.

Comments are posted in the order in which they are received, with earlier postings appearing first below on this page. To see the latest postings, click on "Go to last comment" below.

Go to last comment

Togo
Name: Ron Ison
Date: 2002-05-14 14:29:30
Link to this Comment: 2086

Hi,

I was just back in Togo in february of 2002 and spent time in Ayakope. When I was a volunteer from 1984 to 1987 I helped with the construction of bridges between Agbouleve and Ayakope. After me two volunteers, Kate and Ginny helped to build a well in Ayakope. I think around 1990. In february the well runs dry. The women come to dig under the bridges searching for water and sand which has caused one bridge to slip on one end. They can still use it but if they keep digging it will fall. We talked in the village about not continuing to dig under the bridges but they really need a long term water solution. There is not yet water or electricity in Ayakope nor Agbouleve which is maybe 10 kilometers away on the national route. I have ppictures of the well and bridge if you are interested. I have gotten a quote on constructing a well to serve 6000 people which is roughly the population of Ayakope but it might be wiser to look at tying Ayakope and Agbouleve together in one system since neither has electricity or water.
Is ther any interest on your part in being involved in any wy in this project?

Thanks,
Ron Ison
513-860-4133
roncpm@fuse.net

Forum Archived
Name: Webmaster
Date: 2007-04-26 12:14:03
Link to this Comment: 21701

This forum has now been archived and is closed to new postings. If you are interested in continuing the conversation, please contact Serendip.

We like to hear from you.

| Serendip Forums | About Serendip | Serendip Home |

Send us your comments at Serendip

© by Serendip 1994- - Last Modified: Wednesday, 02-May-2018 11:57:18 CDT