Serendip is an independent site partnering with faculty at multiple colleges and universities around the world. Happy exploring!

Remote Ready Biology Learning Activities

Remote Ready Biology Learning Activities has 50 remote-ready activities, which work for either your classroom or remote teaching.

Genes and Behavior Forum

This forum is for discussion of thoughts arising from and extending materials in Serendip's Genes and Behavior section. Comments entered here will posted automatically . Comments not meant to be posted can be sent by e-mail.

Serendip's forums sometimes get longer than what can conveniently be accessed and displayed. They are, at the same time, in their entirety an important part of what Serendip has become at any given time (and, of course, particular contributions may well be of lasting significance). To try to balance needs for easy display and those of continuous and permanent record, only this year's forum comments are displayed on this page while earlier comments are preserved elsewhere. To go to the forum for another year, click on the year below.

Year: - Current postings - 1998/1999 - 1999/2000 - 1997 - 1996 - 1995

Comments are posted in the order in which they are received, with earlier postings appearing first below on this page. To see the latest postings, click on "Go to last comment" below.

Go to last comment

Genes and Narcissim
Name: Carolyn
Date: 2003-10-21 23:35:22
Link to this Comment: 6940

Heard of a study done regarding this issue, but can't seem to find it? Anyone know of it. I'd appreciate any leads. Thanks.

Homosexual and Genetics
Name: beau
Date: 2005-05-26 19:20:49
Link to this Comment: 15247

Hello there, I was searching the net and happened upon a very dated report regarding homosexuals and genetics on Serendip. The year is listed as 1997. However, here in 2005 (two years after the 2003 completion of the Human Genome Project), Geneticists have concluded there is no "gay gene", as some still claim. If you would follow the link to a fascinating article penned by three scientists, you will receive a very fascinating education on the history of this compelling, and often confusing, topic. http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/2553 Just cut, paste and enjoy. Take care.

apologetics press
Name:
Date: 2006-01-11 14:18:52
Link to this Comment: 17596

I read this interesting article.

I wondered what is wrong with homosexual behavior, regardless of whether it is genetic. I also wondered whether the same behavior by heterosexuals is equally to be avoided.

Homosexuals kiss each other, for example. Is it wrong for members of the same gender to kiss each other? Or is it only when specific groups of people kiss that the action becomes wrong?

It's a little confusing to me.

Forum Archived
Name: Webmaster
Date: 2006-08-14 12:10:03
Link to this Comment: 20162

This forum has now been archived and is closed to new postings. If you are interested in continuing the conversation, please contact Serendip. We like to hear from you.

| Serendip Forums | About Serendip | Serendip Home |

Send us your comments at Serendip

© by Serendip 1994- - Last Modified: Wednesday, 02-May-2018 11:57:31 CDT